Nominations have now closed.
The Lifetime Achievement in Philanthropy Award recognises individuals who have made a significant contribution to the philanthropic sector over a period of ten or more years. These contributions should have had a long lasting impact in the sector.
- Nominations are welcomed from Philanthropy New Zealand members only.
- Nominees do not have to be members of Philanthropy New Zealand.
- You are unable to nominate yourself.
- Current staff, board members and the Awards Committee of Philanthropy New Zealand are not eligible for nomination.
- All nominations will remain confidential and only successful finalists will be announced.
- Has an established history of service in philanthropy (ten + years).
- Is a New Zealand based individual who works (either paid or voluntarily) in the field of philanthropy.
- Has exhibited leadership and provided inspiration and support to others.
- Has positively influenced the philanthropic sector on a national or international level.
- Has demonstrated, over ten or more years a contribution which has included either sector achievement, professional leadership or service, in ways that have led to more thoughtful generosity in NZ.
- Candidates do not need to be currently working in the sector to be eligible for this award.
All nominations for the Perpetual Guardian Award for a Lifetime Achievement in Philanthropy are asked to submit the following supporting documentation:
- Photo of nominee (300dpi)
- Short biography (200 – 300 words)
- Reference supporting the reasons for the nomination
- Short video (3 minutes maximum)
- Additional references and supporting materials
- Additional photos of their work
Submissions will be reviewed by the Awards Committee in April.
Finalists will be contacted and announced in early April.
Finalists will be asked to attend the AMP Capital Cocktail Party at the Philanthropy Summit 2017 on Thursday 11 May where the winner is announced. In the instance a finalist is unable to attend the Cocktail Party, they will be asked to nominate a representative to accept the award on their behalf should they be successful.
Thank you to Perpetual Guardian, sponsor for this award.