Nominations close 8 March
About this Award
This Award will recognise leadership or initiatives that have led to a philanthropic or grantmaking organisation to improve their relationship with mana whenua / tangata whenua and / or grantmaking to kaupapa Māori organisations.
- Nominations are welcomed from Philanthropy New Zealand members only
- Nominees do not have to be members of Philanthropy New Zealand
- You are unable to nominate yourself as an individual but you are welcome to nominate an individual you have supported
- Current staff and board members are not eligible for nomination.
- The Philanthropy New Zealand Māori Advisory Committee (MAC) will form the Award committee to select the finalists and winner for this Award. If a member of MAC, or the organisation they work for, is nominated they will be asked to step down from this Award committee.
- All nominations will remain confidential and only successful finalists will be announced.
- The winning individual or organisation will be able to show their strategic response to the principles of the Treaty, the impact of colonisation, and the strength of Te Ao Māori
- The winning individual or organisation will be able to show their strategic leadership in creating a sustained and strategic response that has helped create close funder relationships with tangata whenua / mana whenua and impactful funding for Māori projects, organisations and aspirations.
All nominations for the Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Grantmaking Award are asked to submit the following supporting documentation.
- Photo of the nominee (300dpi)
- Short biography (200 – 300 words)
- Reference supporting the reasons for the nomination.
- Short video (3 minutes maximum)
- Additional references and supporting materials
- Additional photos of their work.
- Submissions will be reviewed by the Awards Committee in April 2019
- Finalists will be contacted and announced in April
- Finalists will be asked to attend the Direct Capital Cocktail Party at the Philanthropy Summit 2019 on Thursday 16 May where the winner will be announced. If a finalist is unable to attend the cocktail party, they can send a representative.